A few weeks ago, Australian Cosmopolitan magazine published an article about Victoria’s Secret Model Miranda Kerr in which she says she credits her stunning figure to four teaspoons of Coconut Oil daily.
Her revelation triggered a sharp spike in sales of the natural oil, with Holland and Barrett selling out of the product online and I have to admit it had me interested in just how Coconut Oil can help aid weight loss.
Coconut oil may be high in saturated fats, but rather than the long chain fatty acids that can raise cholesterol and cause heart damage they are medium chain fatty acids that can actually prevent heart disease as well as being anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral.
Here are a few more reasons why Coconut Oil is such a wonder food…
- Coconut Oil can kill viruses that have a fatty coating such as herpes, HIV, hepatitis C and the flu.
- It kills the bacteria that causes pneumonia, sore throats, urinary tract infections, dental cavities, meningitis and more.
- Coconut Oil’s anti-fungal properties means it’s effective in killing the fungus that leads to Candida Albicans, ringworm, thrush, athletes foot and diaper rash.
- It boosts energy levels and endurance, and can increase your metabolism.
- Coconut oil helps the improve the digestive system and is effective in helping irritable bowel syndrome
It’s not just internally that Coconut Oil is beneficial; apply topically to skin and hair for a whole host of healing and beauty properties. From hair conditioning to cut and bruise healing, it seems Coconut Oil really is as incredible as Miranda Kerr says.
When I was following my anti-candida diet I supplemented Caprylic Acid – one of the fatty acids found in Coconut Oil – and found it really effective in killing off the fungus and recommend it to anyone who is suffering with yeast related health complaints.
Coconut Oil is now available online at Holland and Barrett if you fancy testing out the health benefits for yourself!
Have you ever tried Coconut Oil?