When you think of nettles, chances are you’ll immediately associate them with being stung. However nettles as a herb are actually extremely beneficial in helping with a number of ailments and can easily be drunk in tea.
I started drinking Clipper Teas Nettle blend as I was vaguely aware of its detoxifying properties but I didn’t realise the full extent of exactly how good it is until now.
- Helps with urinary tract infections and kidney problems – According to scientists some of the benefits of nettle tea include treating kidney inflammation and problems and urinary tract infections. Drink freely as needed to improve urinary health.
- It decreases sugar levels in the blood
- Lowers blood pressure – Nettle has diuretic properties which mean it can be effective in lowering blood pressure.
- Helps with Anaemia – Nettle leaves contain high levels of chlorophyll, Iron and vitamin C so are ideal for anyone who’s anaemic. Be sure to consult your doctor first as if combined with any prescription blood pressure medications Nettle can cause your blood pressure to plummet dangerously.
- Heals hives, rashes and skin inflammations – Nettle leaves contain caffeic malic acid, a substance that reduces inflammation and prevents the release of inflammatory chemicals that can cause hives, rashes and other inflammatory skin conditions. Drink nettle tea or even use as a wash for these skin complaints.
- Other benefits include treating coughs, colds, fever, arthritis and diarrhea
- It can be used as an external treatment for dandruff and eczema
- It’s beneficial for the complexion and strengthening nails.
If you haven’t already tried it, I definitely recommend drinking nettle tea as a part of a balanced diet – the health benefits are amazing! If you don’t like the taste of plain Nettle tea, you can also try Peppermint and Nettle blends that taste a bit sweeter and have extra digestive benefits.
Clipper Tea should be available in supermarkets and health food stores. Consult with your doctor before incorporating a new herb/ supplement into your diet.