I love a good cuppa and am constantly trying new herbal teas, the latest of which is Teapigs Matcha green tea.
Matcha has been getting a lot of hype recently, and for good reason. This concentrated form of green tea is a fine powder that packs one serious nutritional punch! Here’s why…
- Matcha contains 137 times the antioxidants of regular green tea – these help to fight free radicals that can damage and age your cells
- Provide an energy boost that can last up to 6 hours – the combination of caffeine and two special amino acids help to boost alertness but keep you feeling relaxed
- Has 9 times the beta-carotene of spinach – an antioxidant that may help to boost immunity.
- May help aid weight loss – drinking green tea can increase thermogenesis by 35-43% (a process that can help your body burn more calories)
- Support healthy skin – green tea naturally contains polyphenols, which can inhibit UV radiation-induced damage.
Matcha is much more versatile than regular green tea; the fresh powder can be drunk as a hot tea, matcha shot or even blended into lattes and juices for endless ways to get your energy boost. My favourite way of drinking it so far is in a Matcha green tea latte with almond milk – tasty, low in calories and easy to make – get the ‘recipe’ here!
Have you tried Matcha green tea? What’s your favourite tea?