Are you a coffee addict? Trade in your morning latte for a Matcha green tea latte. This alternative is lighter, easy to make and will still give you that much-needed energy boost, without the subsequent energy slump.
- ½ teaspoon Matcha green tea powder
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- Boiling water
- Put half a teaspoon of Matcha green tea powder in a mug, add one inch of hot water and whisk until smooth
- Heat your milk in the microwave for 90 seconds (or until hot), then whisk to a latte consistency when a layer of froth forms.
- Pour over your matcha concentrate
It really is as simple as that. This latte will give you an energy boost but also help to increase alertness and feelings of calm, so you won’t get that jittery feeling that coffee can sometimes create. Find out more of the health benefits of Matcha green tea here.
Let me know if you give this a try!