I was recently sent some goodies to try out from MyProtein including Mp Max Elle True Diet Powder and a whopping 1KG tub of Almond Butter. To stop myself from eating the almond butter straight out of the tub with a spoon as I have been, I thought I’d make up a simple snack recipe that is super tasty, filling and full of healthy fats. Cue these no bake almond butter protein balls!
These are so quick and easy to make – just a few minutes of prep time and half an hour or so left to chill in the fridge (or just eat them straight from the bowl like I may have done).
Each bite is around 45 calories, with 3 grams of protein and only 1g of sugar. Thanks to the almond butter they are rich in antioxidants, the ground flaxseed is a good vegetarian source of omega 3 and 6, while the protein powder serves to add a sweet vanilla flavour plus help to make these little bites surprisingly filling. The ultimate power snack!
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 30g milled flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- A sprinkle cacao nibs/ dark chocolate chips (optional)
1) Add all of your ingredients to a mixing bowl
2) With clean and slightly damp hands mix all of the ingredients together until they form a smooth dough
3) Take chunks off the dough and roll between your hands into small balls
4) Repeat until all of the mixture has been used up – I made 12 but it depends on how big you make them
5) Place onto a plate in the fridge for 30-60 mins
Will you be trying these protein balls? What’s your favourite healthy snack?